Travel back in time to the Prohibition era, when thousands of speakeasies operating in hard-to-find places satisfied the nation’s thirst for forbidden spirits.
Informative and entertaining exhibits, videos and artifacts tell the stories of the Roaring Twenties, which saw the rise of flappers, jazz and the Mob. The speakeasy exhibit is built around a well-stocked bar and a stage for evening entertainment, creating a lively environment inspired by that bygone age.
Prohibition made it illegal to brew beer or distill liquor, so America’s unquenched thirst for alcohol demanded an underworld solution. The Mob filled the void, smuggling spirits into the country and producing moonshine from hidden stills.
This exhibit tells the stories of bootleggers, rum runners and the government agents who tried to take them down. The centerpiece is a working still producing moonshine so you, too, can have a taste of this formerly forbidden engine of American commerce.
Get married in a Roaring 20’s atmosphere! How about a hidden, private VIP room?
Imagine going underground to an old fashioned Speakeasy inspired location!
Your package includes:
- VIP Private Hidden Room located at the Mob Museum
- Can accommodate up to a group of 10
- 2 Hours private use of the VIP room
- Guests access to the Museum (10 admissions)
- Specialty cocktail for each guest (10)
- Officiant to perform ceremony
- Luxury Limousine to pick up and return from your hotel
- Hand held bouquet (choice of dozen roses or seasonal mix)
- Matching boutonniere
- Professional Photographer for 2 hours
- All images to view electronically
- Choice of (20) electronic images
- Wedding Coordinator
- All sales tax and gratuities
*Event must end by 5pm